a) Membership shall be opened to individual or person with basic tertiary qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and or with acquired the necessary professional experience in microbiology. There shall be five categories of membership :
i. Life Member
ii. Ordinary Member
iii. Associate Member
iv. Student Member
v. Affiliated Member
b) Life Members, Ordinary Members and Student Members are open to Malaysian Citizen only.
c) Associate Members are open to Non-Malaysian Citizen only.
d) Associate members and student members shall have no voting rights but enjoy the rights and privileges of ordinary member.
e) Affiliated Members are open to any organisations interested in the activity and objectives of The Society.
f) Number of members is unlimited.
2. Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the Committee for approval. The Committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
3. Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the prescribed entrance fee and first yearly subscription, be admitted as a member of the Society and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
4. Student members shall enjoy the rights and privileges of Ordinary Member but have no voting rights.
ENTRANCE FEES, SUBSCRIPTIONS AND OTHER DUES
1. The entrance fee and subscriptions payable shall be as follows:-
Entrance fee : RM20.00
Fee for Life Membership : RM300.00
Annual fee for Ordinary Member : RM50.00
Annual fee for Associate Member : RM50.00
Annual fee for Student Member : RM20.00
Annual fee for Affiliated Member : RM300.00
2. All yearly subscription shall be payable to the Treasurer in advance within first three months of the calendar year. The entrance fee (RM20.00) is only applicable to non-students.
3. Any member who allows his arrears to exceed three months’ subscription shall receive a written notification signed by or on behalf of the Secretary, and shall be denied the privileges of membership until he settles his account, latest by December or the Fiscal year.
4. The Committee shall have the power to fix a re-entrance fee for any person who has allowed his membership to lapse for three years.
5. Special subscriptions or levies for particular purposes may be raised from members by resolution of the general meeting of the Society. If any member fails to pay such subscriptions within such period as may be resolved, the amount due shall be treated in the same way as arrears of yearly subscription.
Download MSM Membeship Form 2017/18 (1ST OCT 2017 – 30TH SEPT 2018)
For membership enquiries please contact :
Dr. Mas Jaffri Masarudin
MALAYSIAN SOCIETY FOR MICROBIOLOGY
Department of Cell & Molecular Biology
Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: +603 8947 1970
Fax: +603-8946 7590
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org